07 Januar 2008

"We're the best, and everybody knows it."

Kanada. Eishockey Grossmacht mit Hang zur Arroganz:

1) als schlechter Verlierer

"What irked the Canadians was that the Swiss crowd clearly sided with Ufa in the final, whistling derisively when calls went against the Russian club.

"That offends me totally," said Simpson, who coaches Zug in the Swiss league, a rival to the local Davos team. "I had to bite my lip not to say anything because I work here in Switzerland, but it disappointed me that the Davos crowd would cheer for the Russians."

He said Canadians have played in Switzerland and helped develop Swiss hockey for decades and "we just deserve a bit more respect than that."

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gLTwCqrtvtK063-QLUeJhSghGnuw

2) als schlechter Sieger

"We're the best, and everybody knows it."
(Don Cherry zum vierten Titelgewinn der kanadischen U20 an einer WM in Folge.)

Keine Kommentare: