20 Januar 2009

Claude Lemieux kommt zurück in die NHL

Lemieux has won four Stanley Cup rings and a Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP in 17 NHL seasons. San Jose Sharks Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Wilson, who recalled Lemieux from the team's American Hockey League affiliate in Worcester Monday, hopes the 43-year-old right wing can make it five.


"A lot of folks talk about the game not being as physical, but I think it's even more physical than it was back in the day. There's less holding, no grabbing, less stick infractions and no interference so players have a wide open lane for physical contact. I felt the game was very physical on the AHL level and from what I've watched in the NHL, it's very physical. That's always been a big part of my game, so I think it'll be just fine."

(Claude Lemieux)


http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=405202&navid=DL|NHL|home

Keine Kommentare: