08 Januar 2009

Al dente - Jarkko Ruutu beisst Andrew Peters





2 Spielsperren für Jarkkolein.

"I accept the ruling from the league," Ruutu said after hearing the news. "I feel that (Peters) put his glove in my mouth with intentions to injure me. There was no intent to hurt him, just to get his thumb out of my mouth."

---

Facing several different media inquiries, Ruutu repeatedly proclaimed his innocence against the overwhelming video evidence.
“I didn’t bite him,” Ruutu said. “He had his glove in my mouth but I didn’t bite him.”
Pressed again outside the Senators’ room about the replay and Peters’ contention, Ruutu calmly repeated himself by emphasizing every word: “I did not bite him.”

Ottawa coach Craig Hartsburg downplayed it, too.
“[Peters] rubbed his hand in Ruutu’s face about three times,” Hartsburg said. “So I don’t know what the big deal is.”

Keine Kommentare: