05 Januar 2009

Alexander Semin, Sidney Crosby - Fighting Fail

Fights aus der untersten Schublade.


Crosby vs. McLean
------------------------

McLean, who was clearly surprised when Crosby came up swinging, said he missed the invitation.

"He said something before the drop but I really didn't pick up on it. So, I kind of wish I had now," McLean said. "Like I said, everyone can understand what he was trying to do for his team. He's their leader, their captain."

He acknowledged it was not exactly a clash of the titans.

"I've been in a few pretty poor fights in my day," McLean said, "so that just goes into another one of those."

Crosby said he was confused when McLean turtled.

"I asked him to go, and he said yes. And usually, yes means yes," Crosby said. "I mean, I wouldn't have wasted 20 minutes in the box for that. I guess he didn't take me serious. I don't know, it wasn't worth 20 minutes, though, that's for sure."

Panthers defenceman Nick Boynton agreed with that sentiment.

"That was just embarrassing," Boynton said. "I can understand a little bit what he was trying to do, but that's a not a very professional move..

"That's pretty immature and childish."




Noch besser: Alexander Semin vs. Marc Staal
--------------------------------------------------------

Semin ended up on top of Staal and finished the melee with a series of overhand slaps, as though he was playing the bongos. The broadcasters and his teammates had some fun at Semin's expense after the exchange.

"I've seen him fight once before (in practice), but I've never seen him drum-roll a guy," Mike Green told the Washington Post. "He did well."

Rangers enforcer Colton Orr summed it up for the Bergen Record with a one-word review.

"Inexperience."





(Quellen: tsn.ca & youtube.com)

1 Kommentar:

pierre legere hat gesagt…

semin tunte