04 Juni 2008

Sami Kapanen kehrt nach Finnland zurück

Philadelphia Flyers right wing Sami Kapanen has announced that he is retiring from the NHL after 12 seasons.

“Sami has been an integral part of the Flyers organization since joining the club in 2003,” said Flyers General Manager Paul Holmgren. “He was a tremendous leader, both on and off the ice, and was one of the hardest working competitors to play for the Flyers. As much as we will miss Sami, we accept his decision and wish nothing but the best for him and his family.”

http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app?articleid=365121&page=NewsPage&service=page



"It was a big and hard decision, but it's done now. I'm coming back to Kuopio", Kapanen said on Sunday night. "One era of my life is behind me now and it's time for new challenges."

"I have a feeling that I'm going to play a couple of seasons. I want to end my career feeling good about it and Kalpa gives me the opportunity for it."


Kalpa's GM Jukka Pennanen about the news:

"Yes, this is true. There are no names on the papers yet, but everything has been agreed. Sami is coming back home."

From Kapanen:

"Sometimes it can go like this. It was a hard season. I just didn't fit into the coach's plans. I want to have responsibilities and when I didn't get that, I got frustrated."

"The Flyers have agreed on breaking off the contract. It's a so called voluntary break off. I'm free to play in Europe, but the Flyers still have my NHL rights for next season."


Sami Kapanen, auch bekannt aus:

Keine Kommentare: