01 März 2010

Ron Wilson quotes

What Ron Wilson said:

"Sometimes, the best team in the tournament doesn't win a gold medal"


"It's just a shame that both teams couldn't have received a gold medal today."

"Canada and the United States play the game like it should be -- not sitting back and playing on your heels and waiting for something bad to happen and counter-punching, but actually going on the attack. I know Mike (Babcock)'s teams play that way and I try to play that way, not very successfully right now with my team in Toronto."

That crack at the Maple Leafs, Wilson's current NHL home, drew ripples of laughter from the packed press conference. But, Wilson wasn't laughing.

"It's nothing to laugh at," he snapped. "I'm teaching them to play the right way; not the Slovakian, Czech or Russian way where you sit back and wait and wait and wait. We are on the attack."

"I'm teaching them to play the right way; not the Slovakian, Czech or Russian way where you sit back and wait and wait and wait. We are on the attack."

"This was a classic hockey game, just as our game was a week ago with the Canadians and to me it is exactly the way the game should be played. To me, the game was invented in Canada and I think we in the United States have morphed into the same style of play, and it is fun to play that way and I hope Mike agrees."


http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=519340



Both teams should have received a gold medal? Yeah, no!
You lost Ron. And Canada had the best team. You only had the second best. Get on with it.

Keine Kommentare: