14 Dezember 2009

Rask





Tuukka Rask has a higher save percentage and lower goals-against average than any of his fellow countrymen, which, of course, makes you wonder if he's a legitimate candidate to represent Finland in the Olympics?

Rask was not at Finland's orientation camp this past August in Vierumaki, so he's not so sure.

"No, I just go day by day," Rask said. "Going into the season (making the Olympics) wasn't my goal, but I have played good now so we'll see what happens. You never know. It'd be great to go there, but if not I get the days off.

"I'm not disappointed if I'm not there, but of course I do the best I can to make the team."

Rask doesn't buy into the notion that there is a competition among the Finnish candidates currently in the NHL, including himself, Miikka Kiprusoff, Pekka Rinne, Niklas Backstrom, Vesa Toskala, Antero Nittymaki and Antti Niemi. Kari Lehtonen has not played yet.

"I know Toskala and I know Rinne and Kipper a little bit, and it's fun to see guys from your home country doing well in the NHL," he said. "It's been the past few years now with Finnish goalies stepping up. It's fun to follow and it's fun to play against these guys."

It would be more fun to beat out some of them for a spot on the Olympic roster.

"No. 1, No. 2 or No. 3, it doesn't matter," Rask said. "It's the Olympics and to be part of your home country at the Olympics, be part of that circus, would be a great experience. I'm young, so maybe someday."


A huge difference to Kipper.

2 Kommentare:

Üälu hat gesagt…

big words
big man
big lionheart

Anonym hat gesagt…

sexy curls, cute lips