13 November 2008

Ruutu Suspension, Quotes


Ottawa general manager Bryan Murray:
"(We're) disappointed that it is two games, but obviously the NHL have set a very high standard for a hit like this, that I felt deflected off the shoulder to the head. Especially for a player with no history of suspensions, no history of even being called in front of the league. But we do have to abide by what is called. And obviously going forward we know now that this is the standard for anybody that gets hit in the head area."


Jarkko Ruutu:
"Well obviously, it is what it is, and I have to live with it. Like I said, I had no intention to do it, but accidents will happen and I'll have to deal with the consequences."


Guy Carbonneau:
"I think it was a deliberate head shot. We all know what kind of player (Ruutu) is, so I'll leave it at that."




http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=255597&lid=sublink010&lpos=headlines_nhl

Keine Kommentare: